Board analysis, before actual fabrication of the PCBs, help in achieving “first time right” designs, save valuable development time and achieve faster time to market.
It is very important that proper analysis is carried out for high speed and critical boards.
Board Analysis goes hand-in-hand with board design & PCB layout design.
It saves multiple iterations of the boards – reducing development cost.
Types of Analysis
The team has capabilities and substantial experience in providing services for carrying out required analysis as below:
- Signal Integrity Analysis
- Power Integrity Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- EMI / EMC Analysis
- Provide Pre-Layout and Post-Layout SI analysis
- Propose topologies, termination techniques, PCB layer stackup/Layer order
- Reflection, Crosstalk, Eye-Diagram, BER analysis
- Layout constraints and guidelines
- SerDes/DDRx/XAUI/PCIe interfaces
- Handled serial speeds up to 12.5Gbps
- Validation of IR/DC drop in power rails
- 3D plot for voltage distribution through power planes
- Decoupling Analysis (Frequency versus Impedance plot)
- DC noise analysis (3D plot of plane noise)
- Detection of hot spots (weakness in thermal/mechanical design) and correction with heat transfer mechanism (Conduction, Convection, Radiation)
- Support on Heat sinks and cooling proposals
- Component and Board analysis